Thursday, November 19, 2009

Rudesheim, Germany

Rudesheim is a small city, sitting next to the Rhein river and near to Frankfurt by only less than an hour of train.

Rüdesheim am Rhein
(Olympus E520, Zuiko 12-60mm SWD)

It's certainly worthwhile to visit: beautiful vineyards, a peaceful town with many small brick roads, plus the river & the famous Niederwald Monument. So getting tourist into your frame is inevitable.

Point n Shoot
(Olympus E520, Zuiko 12-60mm SWD)

Paying less than 10EUR for a cable car to the top of the mountain, gliding over the grape vineyard, is a MUST. It offers spectacular views that I can't be rested with my camera :)

Geometry 101

Vineyard

Geometry 101

Views when you're at the top of the mountain

Rüdesheim am Rhein

Rüdesheim am Rhein

I particularly like this shot (below) as the cloudy sky helped me "paint" the vineyard with shadows, adding a lot more depth to the scene. Hmm... lucky me :D

Paint with light
(Olympus E520, Zuiko 12-60mm SWD)

Special thanks to Vinh for being my tour guide & so patient with me since quite often, I walked a few meters and then stopped for taking photos :">
Analox

No comments:

Post a Comment