Monday, December 27, 2010

The last roll of film in 2010 or a look of Fujicolor Superia X-Tra 400

Not much to say except showing some pics that I like from the roll. They are scanned directly from film, no further post-processing beside adding borders and signature.

This is the 1st shot in the roll. There was something poetic about the scene at that time that triggered me to find my camera and come back for this pic.

Poetic

Taken when it was raining. Guess this is when the flower looks best.

After the rain

Like the composition, but maybe it is not enough. This test of dynamic range shows that film is still not as good as my eyes :P. I saw a blue sky with clouds behind :)

Lines

Little corner of Europe in Singapore :)

Trees

In public

A night scene - not bad for a hand-held shot, isn't it? Quite pleased with the tonality and color (balance).

Night Scene

Do you think they will turn off the surveillance camera after the last train? (taken in Pioneer MRT station)

Surveillance

Overall, I think the color of X-Tra 400 is not as deep (saturated) as that of Superia 200, but not too significant. Plus, more comfortable shooting at ISO400.

FYI, here are the posts for other films that I have tried
Analox

No comments:

Post a Comment